Job Requisition: OS0004 Post Date: June 2, 2020
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the local hipster communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place.
As part of the ORLANDO STATE Design team, you will be part of a talented team of thinkers, makers, and doers who are passionate about sports, fashion and design. You will be joining us on a transformative mission to create beautifully crafted content, stories, and experiences that engage our young consumers and embody the spirit of the ORLANDO STATE brand.
As a Brand Designer, you will contribute to the ongoing transformation of our brand and help to curate the best of the best in athletic performance, while redefining what it means to be a winner.
You will be responsible for creatively bringing the brand to life across diverse touch points, while utilizing design thinking and best practices to develop innovative brand experiences that inspire and engage our constituents.
- Responsible for the creative execution of brand campaigns and experiences. Create the key elements of ORLANDO STATE holistic vision for both digital and print applications, including designs for our printed material, website, social channels, blog, emails, events, and other marketing materials.
- Work cross-functionally in close collaboration with your marketing and design peers, as well as other departments, to execute key marketing and brand initiatives.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives, communicating with key stakeholders to ask questions and resolve issues in order to meet project deadlines.
- Participate in and contribute to project brainstorms, current and future brand campaigns and experiences.
- Present creative design concepts and ideas for approval, articulating your creative approach and strategy, while encouraging and accepting critiques from others in order to adjust and deliver a strategically sound piece.
- Participate in building storyboards for photo shoots, working closely with key stakeholders to plan and develop stories, create concepts, and provide art direction. You will also be responsible for assisting and giving art direction on set in order to ensure that visual concepts and brand standards are met.
- Explore fresh approaches to visual communication by researching, communicating, and applying key marketing and design trends.
- Serve as an ambassador for ORLANDO STATE design, promoting our principles and methods while working with cross-functional partners.
- Be an advocate for the ORLANDO STATE brand and our core customer, aligning designs and experiences with the brand, while appealing to our fans & customers alike.
- Ability to think and design with a digital-first mindset, and to help craft and develop physical, digital, and interactive experiences that speak to ORLANDO STATE core consumer
- Ability to socialize and present creative work to cross-functional partners and senior leadership teams.
- Natural curiosity that drives you to learn, research, and investigate. You are well versed in design trends and best practices, and are in tune with our fast moving marketplace.
- Love all things design and you demonstrate a strong understanding of design thinking and processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing and prioritizing your workload to ensure that deadlines are met. You are organized, have strong attention to detail, and are able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Maintain a positive, self-motivated, can-do attitude. You are adaptable, flexible and open to change and variety within the workplace.
- Strong communicator, relationship builder and team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in order to produce effective and consistent results.
- Strong interpersonal, written, presentation, and oral communication skills.Strong interpersonal, written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent degree in a related field
- At least 2-3 years of proven design experience
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms – including Facebook & Instagram.
- Experience with SEO / PPC / Email Marketing (optional)
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; GIMP, Canva or PicksArt.
- Video Producing / Video Editing (optional)
- Bilingual (optional)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Google G-Suite, etc.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth of design skills and experiences
For IMMEDIATE consideration, please submit your CV & portfolio to goHIGHER@orlandostate.com